Privacy & Copyright
Copyright and Permissions
We at My Hyena Inc. do our very best to always indicate whether material
on our pages are thought to be public domain, original My Hyena material, or
provide credit when material is submitted to us by the original author. If you
believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright
infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise
violated, please provide My Hyena’s copyright department the following
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on
behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf. To make inquiries regarding copyright issues, you may send an email to email@example.com
To use or duplicate any My Hyena Inc. original material, trademarks, logo,
or any other intellectual property owned by My Hyena Inc. you may submit
- My Hyena does not rent, sell or share personal information about you
with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide
products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission,
or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with My Hyena under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help My Hyena communicate with you about offers from My Hyena and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- My Hyena may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- My Hyena does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- My Hyena may collect personal information when you use My Hyena products and services, when you visit My Hyena pages or the pages of certain My Hyena partners, and when you enter promotions or contests. My Hyena may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and certain My Hyena partners, and when you enter promotions or personal interests.
- My Hyena does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18.
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, registering for forums, etc.
- My Hyena does not store credit card information.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on My Hyena forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the My Hyena site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the My Hyena site, cannot guarantee complete security.
- My Hyena may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- My Hyena may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of My Hyena, its users or the general public.
- My Hyena may update this policy by placing a prominent notice on our site.